Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Still here

So I didn't fall off the deep end.  I have just been enjoying the actual art of living life instead of blogging about it.  And now that orientation at work is over, I am hoping to be back to blogging about all the chaos at our house, if I can find the time.  So much has happened over the last six months, but really (aside from our adorable kids) it's not that great so it's kind of nice to just skip it all and start fresh.  

So today I had a great day with my kids.  I am still waiting for Matt to get home from working odds and end jobs.  I worked last night and taught preschool this morning, I watched a movie with Creed, Annie, and Jersey that I had to rewind 5 times because I kept dozing off during it and really wanted to know how it ends so we can return it to the Redbox.  I then worked on homework with the kids and did some major catch- up with Sage and helped Autumn finish a report due tomorrow.  Then we went to tumbling where Sage actually tried her very hardest the whole time.  She has had some minor set backs with her confidence that has carried over to her tumbling, but after today I know that she will get back to where she was and move forward from there.  I love her bubbly personality and I have deeply missed it these last 6 weeks.  After tumbling we went to the church for Relief Society were the kids played in the nursery and I enjoyed a yummy dinner where I ate twice as much food as I should have to make up for the lack of eating over the last 36 hours.  (I never eat well at work and we didn't have much in the house anyway.)  Jersey even went to the nursery so I could enjoy the Christmas program.  The kids all got candy after and got to bed by 8:30pm, which is really good for me.  Matt is better at getting them to bed on time.  So after doing a bit of nothing, I decided that this would be as good as any place to start updating.  

On Sunday night, the Schaugaards had an adult family home evening.  This is something we did a few years ago and I really enjoyed it.  It was a great opportunity to gather as an eternal family and discuss how we can improve spiritually.  Part of the draw is seeing Matt's dad in a patriarch roll.  His spirituality amazes me every time I am lucky enough to be a part of it.  He has a greater understanding of the gospel and reminds me of Lehi in the Book of Mormon.  I would like to think of myself as one of the righteous ones married to Nephi or Sam, but in all reality, I have so much to learn before I can truly understand things at his level.  I find myself in the city of Jerusalem still unaware of the truth.  As part of our "assignment" for FHE I need to explore where I am at and find a way to move up to the "gauntlet" part of the journey.  I know that none of this makes sense, but writing about it seemed the best way for me.  

So back to the family......Jersey is sad right now because I can no longer hold her and type at the same time.  She is starting to walk and babble and play independently.  It's so nice.  But right now she needs me so I say goodbye to go snuggle with my babe.

1 comment:

Min said...

I love you! You are just about the greatest woman I know. You are so stalwart and tenacious! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE how you LOVE LOVE LOVE your family! You are such a cute mom. I am sorry the past 6 months has been such a hardship on your family, but I know you and Matt and your kids are becoming a stronger, better family through it all. That is the amazing kind of people you are!
And I am glad you came to an end of the post because your Jersery Girl needed you, and you responded to HER call. What an inspiring mother you are!
I must say, it was nice to see a new post from you pop up on my blog roll, though! Seeing your name makes me smile, if only because it reminds me that I have such a wonderful friend as you to count as my friend. I love you, Janie! I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas.
Love,
Mindy