I would not have rushed off right away, I was waiting for the contractions to start, but Jersey wasn't moving around at all so I was a little concerned. We got to the hospital and got the monitors on and she was having some cord compression. I had to lay on my side and have oxygen on. This didn't last too long because the buffalo wings kicked in and the contractions were coming quick and right on top of each other. It turns out that she was also posterior. Frankly, this is a crappy way to deliver a baby. Instead of a nice 9.5 cm head, it becomes an 11 0r 12 cm head. And there is a lot of back pain with a posterior baby. I was expecting the easy labor I had with Annie and I was not mentally prepared for the work it took to get Jersey out. My midwife was incredible. She knew just what to say to get me to relax and knew all the great pressure points. It was hard work, but I was able to deliver naturally again. Jersey came out sunny side up and with the cord around her neck twice. She was fine and I was so thrilled to be done that I think I will have no problems accepting this as our last kid.
She is a fabulous eater and sucks on everything; thumbs, pacifiers, me...she only cries when something is not in her mouth...and she can cry loud. The kids love her and Annie says, "My baby." We were able to spend a great weekend with family and friends and be home Sunday night in time for the Monday chaos with school, etc.



6 comments:
I was leaving a comment on Sherian's blog when I saw your comment and had to take a peak at your blog. I hope you don't mind. Congratulations. You have beautiful kids and you are so blessed to have wonderful pregnancies and look fantastic even overdue. I can't believe it. Anyway, I love her name. wish I would have thought of that one. oh well too late now. we are done with the baby thing too. makes me sad but I love watching them grow up too. Congrats again. she is precious.
Yeah! She's beautiful, and of course, looks like a Schaugaard!! Your kids can be spotted anywhere! Congrats, and you look great in your pictures, I'm glad you were able to do natural again, you're such a champ! Can't wait to meet her (yeah for maternity leave, right?) - hopefully I'll see you soon!
yeah janie!!!!! she finally came!!! and she is super cute in her matching pjs. i hope you enjoy the new bundle of joy......and hopefully someday i can start having babies.......
Congratulations Janie, she's beautiful. what a scary experience but I'm glad all went well and everything is okay. what a beautiful family. I love the matching "mini" jammies for her. What a cute idea!
Congrats! She finally decided it was time to come! That's great! Sorry she was sunny side up-ouch! I'm excited to see her! Glad the kids love her, especially Annie! That's cute she says she's her baby!
Man we make awesome kids!
Post a Comment